- Decree Law no. 47/84 of 10 May sets up Centro para a Conservação de Energia (CCE).
- Decree Law no. 223/2000 of 9 September - CCE becomes the Agency for Energy (AGEN). Centro da Biomassa para a Energia (CBE) should become part of AGEN.
- Decree Law no. 314/2001 of 10 December. E4 Programme changes the designation of AGEN to ADENE and redefines its mission, scope and powers.
The Agency has as stakeholders organisations from the Ministry for the Economy (70%):
- Directorate-General for Energy.
- Directorate-General for Industry.
- National Institute of Engineering and Industrial Technology (INETI)
- The major Portuguese Energy Utilities (30%).
- ADENE has an annual portfolio of more than 20 projects supported by EU-Programmes (e.g., SAVE, Altener, ENERGIE, Synergy, MEDA, Leonardo da Vinci, Socrates/Minerva).
- Member of the OPET Network since 1991.
- Member of EnR, MEDENER and EUFORES.
- Operating Agent of Task I of the IEA-IA on Ocean Energy Systems.
- Associated partner of 13 in 18 SAVE Agencies.
National Managing Entity for Building Certification (SCE) and Industry Certification (SGCIE)
One of the major objectives of ADENE is to collect data and information on energy issues and to provide it to target publics. Regarding the implementation of national programmes, ADENE is the managing entity of the Energy Performance Certification of Buildings System (SCE), the Energy Management in Industry System (SGCIE) and the Solar Thermal Initiative. ADENE is also the support entity for the National Energy Efficiency Action Plan (PNAEE).
ADENE – Agência para a Energia
Rua Dr. António Loureiro Borges, nº 5 - 6º andar
Arquiparque - Miraflores
Phone: (+351) 214 722 800 Fax: (+351) 214 722 898