- Decree Law no. 47/84 of 10 May sets up CEE - Centro para a Conservação de Energia.
- With Decree Law no. 223/2000 of 9 September CCE becomes the AGEN - Agência para a Energia.
- Decree Law no. 314/2001 of 10 December changes the designation of AGEN to ADENE and redefines its mission, scope and powers.
ADENE has as major stakeholders organisations from the Ministry of Environment, Spatial Planning and Energy and the Ministry of Economy.
- Directorate-General for Energy and Geology (DGEG).
- National Laboratory for Energy and Geology (LNEG).
- Directorate-General for Economic Activities (DGAE).
ADENE is focused in promoting energy efficiency in Buildings, Industry, Transport and Public Sector.
- ADENE has an annual portfolio of more than 10 projects supported by EU and National Programmes.
- Member of EnR and MEDENER.
- Associated partner of 10 in 21 Regional and Municipal Energy Agencies.
National Managing Entity for Building Certification (SCE) and Industry Certification (SGCIE)
One of the major objectives of ADENE is to collect data and information on energy issues and to provide it to target publics. Regarding the implementation of national programmes, ADENE is the managing entity of the Energy Performance Certification of Buildings System (SCE) and the Energy Management System of Intensive Energy Consumption (SGCIE). ADENE is also the technical support unit for the National Energy Efficiency Action Plan (PNAEE).
ADENE – Agência para a Energia
Rua Dr. António Loureiro Borges, nº 5 - 6º andar
Arquiparque - Miraflores
Phone: (+351) 214 722 800 Fax: (+351) 214 722 898